Thursday, September 3, 2009

Outdoor fun!





Never have I wanted to spend time outside more than I do now. Benjamin and I enjoyed last winter and our walks and days in the park (many times with Linz and Aaron) so much that this Summer is becoming horrendously long. Not only has it been too unbearably hot but I obviously have never stayed home with an active toddler (I have cabin fever). I've spent hours online looking in to what kind of landscaping I am planning on doing because our grass is dead from the heat and lack of water. I need something very maintenance free because although I am grateful every single day for my loving and wonderful husband, yardwork is not his passion but he can disassemble, reassemble, build (you get the picture) Computers with the best of 'em .

Auntie Grace came over for a visit this morning (which was so fun, by the way) and I was sharing some of my ideas with her, it got me aching to get started. So today was the first day of our "Project". It was a blast to get soaking wet while we cleaned the patio, hosed off the table and chairs, got some pots ready for planting and started a little walkway. We made mud puddles and splashed around in them and loved playing in the hose!

I kept thinking how blessed I am, spending days getting dirty with Ben is really some of the most fun I have ever had in my life, thus far. His laughter and smile, curiosity and enthusiasm are contagious! It's the little things that really make my heart swell. He went down for his nap without a peep, all tuckered out from our outdoor fun. I have a feeling we are both going to enjoy gardening, playing and spending time making our backyard a lovely place to be.

No comments: