Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Peace and Quiet

After going "swimmem" today at the gym and then working out we headed to the grocery store, which is something I have dreaded doing with Ben, but today was different. I have always, in the past, had to give him some treat or put him in the car cart or figure out a way to keep him calm and quiet but today I told him that we were just ducking in for a couple of items and he could bring a car with him. I sat him in the front of a cart and he took my car key and played with it the entire time. Opening and closing the key part, hitting the little metal knob to open it and then handing it to me to close it for him. It completely had his attention and he was perfect!
He is growing up.
This is bittersweet for me because my baby isn't really a baby anymore...the things that I thought would never end are seeming to, like not being able to go out for dinner. He was actually well-behaved at dinner AT A RESTAURANT last night because he had a new Ernie toy that he could play with and some crayons.
Again I tell myself that this is the very best stage of his life, so far, like I do each and every single day. My sweet, sweet boy makes my life full of the most overwhelming joy when he gives me kisses, smiles and screams "Mommy!" just because he's happy to see me. He fills my heart with sheer happiness that I get to wake up everyday and be his "Mommy!".

No comments: